- May also be referred to as lateral column overload.
- Presents as intermittent pain on the lateral aspect of the foot and may extend from the heel to the 5th toe.
- Occasionally there may be subluxation, synovitis, or osteoarthritis associated.
- Common in high arched or severely flat feet due to instability of the lateral column.
- No specific injury.
Tests and Imaging
- Xrays often inconclusive. Ultrasound or bone scan may highlight inflammation.
- Tenderness on manipulation of the cuboid.
- Footwear advice.
- Short term NSAIDs.
- Podiatry for footwear advice/modification, orthotics, mobilisation.